CEE Bankwatch Network is an international NGO with member organisations from countries
across the central European region. Its mission is to prevent the environmentally and socially
harmful impacts of international development finance, and of EU funding, and to promote
alternative solutions and public participation.
Centrum pro dopravu a energetiku (Centre for Transport and Energy) is a non-governmental,
non-profit organisation. CDE was founded in 1995 with the goal of building and reinforcing a
wide platform of groups and individuals who are interested in work towards sustainable
transport and energy future.
Job profile/ main responsibilities:
• Campaigning to green EU public finance in the Czech Republic;
• Networking with national environmental, social and human rights NGOs;
• Advocating for sustainable future EU financing at the European level (incl. the
European Commission, Parliament and Council);
• Identifying and reaching out to key stakeholders, allies and campaign targets;
• Developing and implementing communication activities, publications, and working
• Implementing project activities like organising workshops, debates, writing and
Profile of the ideal candidate:
• Understanding of and readiness to pursue the missions, objectives and values of
Bankwatch and CDE;
• Fluent spoken and written Czech and English and good communication and public
• Ability to work effectively, independently and in teams;
• Good organisational skills, experience in project implementation and management;
• At least two years’ experience in campaigning, advocacy, media work;
• Knowledge of EU funds and EU policies, orientation in a wide spectrum of
environmental and social topics;
• Experience with fundraising and reporting to donors
How to apply
• This is an 80 per cent position for 8 months with possible extension that offers a competitive salary and
extensive benefits for the sector in the central and eastern European region. We will endeavour to fundraise
for an extension of the position to full time.
• The position will be based in the CDE/Bankwatch office in Prague
• Please send a letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of motivation should clearly
describe why you want the job and demonstrate how your skills and experience are relevant to the job
requirements detailed above.
• Closing date for applications is 15 March 2016.
• Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews during the week of 21 March 2016.
• Bankwatch and CDE are equal opportunities employers.